Whether you have been a volunteer with MTSC for decades, or your volunteer experience is just beginning, this conference is for you. Alumni Volunteer Series (AVS) is an ideal way to build your network with other experienced volunteer leaders.
Throughout 2021, the Mt. Sierra College Alumni Association Board of Directors will be hosting virtual panels and round-tables through the re-imagined Alumni Volunteer Series. These mini events will feature prominent Mt. Sierra alumni as they share their personal experiences and professional insights into Equity, Diversity, Indigeneity, and Inclusion at Mt. Sierra, and beyond. Stay tuned for event details.
Alumni Volunteer Summit 2020 was scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 4, with some specialized sessions scheduled on Friday, April 3. Due the impact of COVID-19, AVS was cancelled in 2020. Sessions would have included:
- Keynote address from Shari Hughson, NSc'86, and the current director of the Master of Management Innovation & Entrepreneurship program at the Smith School of Business.
- Principal's Remarks and Q&A with MTSC new Principal and Vice-Chancellor, Patrick Deane.
- An interactive "Design Thinking" workshop led by facilitators from the Dunin-Deshpande MTSC Innovation Centre.
2019 Great QUAA Initiatives Presentations
- Toronto Branch "Gaels & Ales: MTSC Night Out" Event
- Calgary Branch Johnson Award Event
- Indigenous Student Alumni Recruitment Call Campaign
2018 Great QUAA Initiatives Presentations
- London, UK Branch "Stef Reid at America House" Event
- NYC Branch "Welcome to New York" Event Series
- Toronto Branch "The Trump Effect" Event
2017 Great QUAA Initiatives Presentations
- Calgary Branch “Career Management Panel”
- California Branch “175th Food Drive”
- Toronto Branch “It’s a Match!” Young Alumni Networking Event
- Winnipeg Branch “Behind the Scenes at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet”